Boutique Gîte 5 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2022.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which websites place on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or to personalise your experience when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies are required for certain parts of this website to function – such as contact forms, order forms and booking systems.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic, what devices users use to access our website, how they discovered the website; this allows us to improve our website and to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for anonymised statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you explicitly share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When you make a purchase through this website (or by telephone or email) we collect and store information that is required to process your payment, to plan and deliver the service, and to meet our legal requirements to regulatory bodies with oversight of our operations. We pass information to our credit/debit card company for the purposes of payment processing but we do not retain any of your card details.
If you opt-in to receiving marketing mailings we will store your details on a list with a 3rd party email marketing company (Mailchimp). You can withdraw your consent to receiving marketing mailings at any time and your details will be removed from this list. We do not add your details to any marketing database unless you specifically opt-in, and we never share any personal data with 3rd parties, apart from the exceptions mentioned above.
We take care to store all customer data securely, on password protected terminal and servers, and with encryption where appropriate. We will notify you if we ever suffer a data theft or data security breach. You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold on you. You have the right to request erasure of data we hold on you, with which we will comply apart from where it would contravene our legal responsibilities.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal data to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact data to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to pick the accommodations that suits them best. If you submit a guest review, your review may be published on our website or social media platforms.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your data for marketing activities, as permitted by law. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. commercial newsletters and marketing communications on new products and services or other offers we think may be of interest to you), we include an unsubscribe link that you can use if you do not want us to send messages in the future.
- Other Communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, mail, phone, or texting, depending on the contact data you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you’ve made, i.e.
- If you haven’t finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or filling in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website. We believe this additional service is useful to you and to us, as we will be able to improve our website based on your feedback.
- Analytics, Improvements, and Research: We use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may involve a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research (including to third-parties) in anonymous, aggregated form. We use your personal data for analytical purposes to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- Security, Fraud Detection, and Prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or infringing activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We can use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities as permitted by applicable law and external advisers.
- Legal and Compliance: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory investigations and compliance, or to enforce agreement(s), or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement insofar as it is required by law.
- If we use automated means to process personal data which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on +33 (0)4 30 17 52 17
Users under 18 years of age
Any user under 18 years of age must have their parents’/guardians’ consent to use our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Questions and updates to your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Boutique Gîte 5, 5 Rue de l’église, 34360 Prades-sur-Vernazobre.
You can also telephone us on: +33 (0)4 30 17 52 17. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Alternatively, if you don’t want us to hold your data anymore, please also contact us via email: email@example.com or write to us at: Boutique Gîte 5, 5 Rue de l’église, 34360 Prades-sur-Vernazobre..
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, and this will be sent to you in electronic format free of charge.